Author Topic: time needed for new releases  (Read 2119 times)

king romance

time needed for new releases
« on: February 03, 2013, 05:24:30 PM »
I was wondering for along time about how much time is needed to release a chapter after the several processes it goes through from the day of buying the raw till the date of release.
And if you can tell me when is Witch Craft Works Ch19 will be released I'll be grateful.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 05:28:30 PM by king romance »

Kanapox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
Re: time needed for new releases
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2013, 12:25:51 AM »
It dependends on several things, but most of the time it depends on the availability of the staff.  Let's use WCW as example. Good Afternoon is published monthly, the 7th day of the month. I usually get the raws 4 or 6 days later. Once I get the raws, it takes me around 30 minutes to debind and organize the raws to scan them. Scanning a chapter takes around 30 minutes. The next part is unpredictable. The cleaning of WCW19, for example, was done by Harumi in one day, but we had to wait around 2 weeks for Cham to be available to do the translation. Sometimes is the other way around, Cham delivers the translation in a day, and the cleaning takes two weeks cause the cleaner (Usually MikoAucarod in that series) is busy.

Regarding the release of WCW 19, I've been pestering Grimkiller to do the proofing+typesetting, once he's done, we'll release it. In case he's not done tomorrow, I'll replace him and finish the chapter, we need to release it on Monday or Tuesday.

Cham

• Animexis Staff
Re: time needed for new releases
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2013, 05:17:02 AM »
Yep. WCW19's delay is mostly my fault. Worklife has not been kind to me recently.