Author Topic: Life inspirations from Manga  (Read 2642 times)

Justin

Life inspirations from Manga
« on: June 06, 2012, 02:59:46 PM »
What life inspirations have you found in manga if any?  Share your stories mine is below.

As I said in an earlier post I have been inspired a few times in my life by Manga and Anime.  Most recently I was at a point in my life were I felt I have never really pushed myself to discover my mental limits.  Many things crossed my mind ways to do just that I was considering hook suspension when I ran across Rock and Roll Rickie, All-Rounder, and Teppu all at about the same time.  I was inspired I could think of nothing that would push your mental limitations more than seriously training and fighting (I should not that it is my personal belief that physical limitations are an extension of mental)

I started training by my self and with the help of a friend neither of us really knowing much about the fight world outside of Karate type competitions and neither of us had done any thing like it for close to 20 years.  I thought we were doing pretty well . . . . This week I had my first training session with a pro boxer.  Turns out we had not even began to push ourselves close to hard enough that was one of the most intense one hour work outs of my life (for perspective I played football in high-school, Fenced, did TCMA, ran track and worked in the steel industry most of my life so I am no stranger to intense work outs)

Combative sports is going to be one hell of a trip for me and I really look forward to how far I can take it.

Cham

• Animexis Staff
Re: Life inspirations from Manga
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2012, 05:08:22 AM »
I am an incredibly shallow person. I read Manga, watch TV, play games etc. purely for entertainment. I mostly never read or think deep into the things I come across. The closest I probably have come is from reading the latest few chapters of I am a Hero. A small want arose, to write a story that makes one go speechless save a sigh and a "whoa..." muttered under breath.

Nothing strong enough to act on, though.

Maybe some time, when life on my end slows down a bit and things are at a comfortable state, I'll put my love of words and language into a more significant, tangible thing.

I hold a certain amount of respect for those in competitive fighting sports. The kind of things they do to hone their bodies to near human perfection. The art of the skill and the science of that art. The brutality of the act overwhelmed by the sportsmanship in each blow. It is like peaceful conflict in violence.

Justin

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2012, 05:48:46 PM »
For me I didn't always delve into the subtext of what I read or watched, music on the other hand was something completely different.  I would sit and listen to the same song for hours deciphering the lyrics and searching out my own meaning behind them, I say my own and not the artists or original because I believe that the intent of the reader is what gives a song or a story it's life.  The author/artist can try and imbue it with there own intent and this often comes through to the audience but it is thanks to the outside perspective of the audience that all forms of artwork grow and evolve.

I can tell you when you are training standing there in the ring arms so week you can hardly hold them up to your cheeks and every punch is an act of pure will filled with agony, in that moment every thing in the world that was heavy on your shoulders all of the economic worries, War, relationship trouble . . . all of it no longer exists the only thing left is the target in front of you and the determination to keep on hitting.  I will haft to see how different that all feels when it is a fight and not just a man with focus pads I can hardly wait to experience that world.

I will haft to check out "I am a Hero" it looks interesting.

Cham

• Animexis Staff
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2012, 11:36:35 AM »
I have experienced that feeling of extreme exhaustion before. Where any physical pain you feel seems numb in comparison, where it takes all your determination and effort to simply stand and the only thing that drives you is the end. But even as I look back at it and think I never want to go through that ever again, at the time my body was so full of endorphin I felt a strange sense of elation, like nothing else mattered. It was easy to press forward even though my body was screaming for rest.

And do check out "I am a Hero". I highly recommend it.

Kanapox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2012, 07:44:58 AM »
There was a time when I tried to get inspiration from several sources. Then I become an anime fan and decided to only get fun. Hahaha!

More than anything, when I read manga I get emotions. I may feel thrilled, happy, sad or angry. I get involved with the characters and I really want to know what's next. I'm an avid manga reader. However, I don't relate that to my real life stuff. As for Teppu, I may sound too shallow, but all I want is to see Natsuo kicking some asses -  I love her badass attitude.

Perhaps the title that could give me some.... inspirations, maybe? was Onani Master Kurosawa. Quoting mangahelpers: "This is a story of mistakes, redemption, and the choices made in between. It contains the worst and best of the human condition." It was really food for the brain, one of the best mangas you could read.