Author Topic: Test for Proofreaders  (Read 2668 times)

DragoZERO

• Retired Staff
  • Veteran Member
Test for Proofreaders
« on: November 11, 2010, 12:59:04 AM »
For those interested in being a proofreader there are some requirements you must meet.

Requirements
  • Grew up in the United States of America.
  • More than fluent with U.S. English.
  • High school degree.

Get the test here.

DragoZERO

• Retired Staff
  • Veteran Member
FAQ for Proofreaders
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2012, 12:04:57 AM »
FAQ
What's the job of a proofreader in Animexis?
You have to read a translated script and fix any typo or grammar mistakes. Sometimes you may even need to rewrite a sentence to improve the flow. However, you have to be cautious when changing a script, it's easy to make a mistake and change the original meaning.

What are the time requirements?
The proofreading comes before the typesetting, so we give you access to the raws and the script so you can properly follow the script. The complete process should take around 2 or 3 hours in the worst case, but that depends on the series (range from 20-60 pages per chapter). In any case, if you need more than one day to complete your job once you start, don't apply!

How many series would one person be proofreading for?
As many as you want, unless a series already has a proofer.

When do I have to be available?
We need you to visit the staff's forum as often as you can. When there's job for you, reply as soon as possible. If you are available for a job, take it, otherwise say you can't do it, or state when you can do it.

I have an odd schedule, do I need to be online at the same time as others?
No. We are not a speedy group, and some of our members are from the opposite side of the world, so we use the forum to organize most of the work.